UK Alumni in Vietnam (UKAV) aims to be the association of choice for all UK-educated Vietnamese.
UKAV mission is to:
- promote the relationship between the UK and Vietnam through a number of networking opportunities within the alumni network and beyond, with educational, professional and business organisations:
- position and project the image of UK Alumni as successful and ethical leaders in society;
- encourage and support continuous professional development and lifelong learning among its members.
- The official governing body of UKAV is its Standing Committee, whose members meet at least once a year to provide direction for UKAV’s development.
- The day-to-day operations are jointly undertaken by the British Council and the UKAV Event Committees in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. Its members work on a voluntary basis.
- The British Council acts as a 'contact point' between the Standing and Event Committees, and between the Committees and UKAV members. It also supports the Event Committees in event communications, coordination, treasury and fund raising, as well as profile-raising initiatives.